Sunday, April 5, 2009

I live like a guy...


Amazing isn't it? My life revolves around work, gym, the Red Sox, books and art. Ok, so art isn't a real "guy" thing, but it just occurred to me that I live like a guy. What other woman (of a certain age) do you know who has just learned to scuba dive, is learning to ride a motorcycle, considering buying one and is booked for a weekend trip to Fenway? Not that there is anything wrong with that and I am not planning to change. It's just a bit of an epiphany. My comfort level is in the "simple" things that give me pleasure. I know this and it doesn't bother me now. I have spent too many years burying my true self and I think I am finally ready to stop doing that. I am now fully myself and, for maybe the first time ever, comfortable there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment