Monday, March 2, 2009

Diving and Belize


I did it: conquered my fear and am now a certified open water diver. I have two whopping post certification dives in my logbook and am on my way. It really feels good to have this new skill and to be able to look forward to "taking it places". I am already looking toward a possible diving trip to Saba early next year. Yes, I am looking that far forward.

The trip to Belize was bliss. The place is lovely and very "old" Caribbean. Very few cars, almost no paved roads and the people are incredibly open and welcoming. I will go back and may end up in Caye Caulker, which is even more remote and "unimproved".  The time spent with my sister was awesome and I think she enjoyed it too. All sorts of new experiences opening up for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment