Saturday, February 7, 2009

Enter-diving


On my way to being a certified scuba diver. So much to learn and such a big payoff. I am in class with 2 other women and a guy. I figure he will be my "buddy" for the water section of the class, as we were seated next to each other. We had to read aloud during a quiz portion last night and the guy has a very hard time. Words like "narcosis" became "nausea". I think he may be guessing. That would be scary if you were partnering with him in the open ocean. I wondered last night how people can "fake" reading for an entire life. He's not illiterate. He just has some real deficiencies in vocabulary. The instructor didn't say anything or correct him. I don't think that was because he didn't notice. 

I figured out last night that one reason I may really love this extreme sport is that it's very "gear intensive". Always cool things to dream of adding to your gear. You guessed it: I bought a new mask last night. I told myself the one I have is old. It is. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment